#122 Flork Reviews: Samsara - Charon's Lullaby (2024)

  Samsara - Charon's Lullaby By Flork Emerging from the remnants of the Black Death Metal band MORS OMNIA SOLVIT in 2009 (which is a la...

Najčítanejšie za 7 dní

Monday, January 1, 2024

#228 Moonvampire / Darkwave / 14-Dec-2023

 


1. Who are you, what do you do, and what interests you the most these days?

Honestly, I don't like talk about myself, I prefer to talk about music, so I can't really give you the answer who am I. But, I like reading, I listen always some audiobooks and stories, that's my free time, if I can say that.


2. Which bands have you played in and what instruments did you play?

I've never ever played in bands, I feel uncomfortable around other people, if they are musicians, then it's even worse. I've been playing guitar for a couple of years, now I'm learning theory by playing the synthesize. So yeah, I'm just a one person, just me and my music, no one else.


3. What equipment/gear do you use and how satisfied are you with it?

I've been working for several years, about five, probably in a Fl studio, recording, mixing sounds. I don't use a drum machine, I prefer to sample. As for guitars, I use VST. I can't say that I'm always satisfied with the result, far from it, but every time it gets better.



 

4. Tell me about your latest recording - how it was created, and who collaborated on it and how was it received by the fans?

My last work was my demo album, I don't consider it finished, so it won't be on the platforms. I sincerely thought that people wanted to hear something new, but I didn't have any inspiration, so I decided to just let go of the old music. I can't say for sure if someone liked it or not, but there were buyers, and not one.


5. What influences you the most in your creative process?

Books. I think it's a cliche, and everyone says so, but it really is. I listen to a lot of audio stories, almost all in the horror genre. And every time I get new images of monsters, maniacs, apocalypses and, of course, vampires. And it can't help but draw new compositions in my imagination.


6. Which song and lyrics would you highlight?

I think it's a single by "Night", I do not know what I really like about it. A very, very dark, gloomy bass part, a high and melancholic guitar, I just love it. Well, I would probably highlight the last single "Upir". I can't say anything at all about the lyrics, I don't write them for people to think, but for the atmosphere.


 

7. What were your musical ambitions when you started, and what is the reality now?

No one knows, but I've worked in at least three genres. So, I definitely didn't start with darkwave, but progress is naturally visible.


8. Can you share an interesting story from the life of your band?


I'm honestly tired of repeating this. I am not a group, I am one person. I will never create a band in my life and will not join them, each musician is a separate vision of creativity, I cannot let others near me. There are no interesting stories as such, I have not given concerts, and I do not plan yet.


9. What do you have planned in the near future?

Early next year, I plan to release a small EP. Then the singles, and the merch was planned, but I can't say for sure, I'm figuring everything out.


10. Do you feel like you are part of the local music scene?

Yes, absolutely. I sincerely respect and am honored to be a part of the goth community. It's a very pleasant feeling to make music that has not been touched by the mainstream, but of course there are huge disadvantages to this, I won't even voice them, so you understand everything.


11. What emotion or reaction do you want to evoke with your music?

I think the same as Halloween. It is not designed to intimidate or intimidate. A dark atmosphere with a kind soul, like old funny horror movies.



 

12. Do you try to align your creative work with something or differentiate yourself from something else?

I understand well what SHOULD be and what SHOULD NOT be. But otherwise, I try not to limit myself. Even in the language, I do it in the one in which the desire appears.


13. Do you have nostalgia for any retro genre(s) or decade(s)?

Definitely. I think it's the eighties, obviously. I wasn't even in the plans at that time, but with the naked eye you can see all the beauty of that time.


14. Which current trends within subcultures do you like, and which ones annoy you?

I can't speak for other subcultures, only for Goths. But I'm unlikely to say anything bad about them either. The only thing is, I don't like goth metal. I sincerely hate metal music with all my heart, I just didn't understand it and don't want to understand it.


15. What is your personal boundary beyond which you are not willing to accept an artist?

There is no such thing. I respect all musicians, unless it's a Russian rapper, haha.


16. Which sound (studio, album/band), artwork (album cover), and music video impressed you the most recently?


I would probably single out the band "Ghost Fettish" from Seattle. They make a very cool sound, I liked it. Especially song "C'mon".


 

17. Music album, book, movie, TV series, computer game, tattoo studio, and beer that you recommend. What is your vice ?

It's a tough question, but with regard to the album, I would definitely single out "Off The Bone" by "The Cramps". One of the most beloved bands (if not the most beloved). Next, I would recommend a book, or rather, a collection of short stories - Stephen King's "Everything Is Eventual ". The film I will name, which is my favorite, is the Hunger of 1983, starring David Bowie. There is no TV series, but I like the new "Wednesday", it's funny. I like to play Hearthstone, so I'll name it. I've been to three tattoo studios in my city, but I don't want to name them or the city, I'll just say the master, his name is Damir. I don't drink beer, I have problems with my pancreas.


18. What is the best recurring event that you look forward to attend ?

Unfortunately (or fortunately) there are none.


19. Is there anyone on the local (or global) scene with whom you would like to read an interview on Jablka ďaleko od stromu?

I think so, the musician from Australia is "linkivich".


20. Motto/favorite quote or message at the end.

"If you want to win the lottery you have to make the money to buy a ticket."

===========================================

Links:

https://moonvampire.bandcamp.com/

https://www.instagram.com/themoonvampire/

https://www.youtube.com/@yourmoonvampire

No comments:

Post a Comment